Wednesday, December 12, 2018 | 2 to 3 p.m.
Non-profit housing providers are exempt from certain provisions in the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006
. Learn from two legal professionals about:
This webinar will walk you through:
- Exemptions in RTA and O. Reg. 516/06
- What housing programs are exempt (including AHP and IAH)
- Exemptions for transitional housing
- What do the exemptions mean for social housing providers
- Rent setting and forms
Douglas Levitt is a founding partner at Horlick Levitt Di Lella LLP, practicing civil litigation with an emphasis on landlord and tenant disputes in the social housing environment. His practice includes representing social housing landlords before a variety of courts and administrative tribunals, including the Landlord and Tenant Board, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court of Ontario, and the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
Laura Clark has been a staff lawyer at Ottawa Community Housing (OCH) since 2003. She regularly appears before the Landlord and Tenant Board, and also represents OCH in tenant-related matters at the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, and the Superior Court of Justice.
To register for this webinar:
- Log into the ONPHA website with the existing username and password associated with your ONPHA account. (Don’t have an ONPHA account? Email us at email@example.com.)
- Click the "Register Myself" or “Register Someone Else” button below.
- Proceed to the shopping cart to confirm your registration and payment (if applicable). (Click on “Cart” at the top right of the website to access the cart.)
You will receive your confirmation and webinar login instructions via email two weeks before the webinar date.