Wednesday, January 30, 2019 | 2 to 3 p.m.
What is the role of the treasurer? How can they best manage increasing responsibilities when an organization is short on staff? Join us at our upcoming webinar to learn about the tools and practices that treasurers can use to position their organization for financial success.
Walk away with a deeper understanding of:
- the duties of a treasurer
- how to make recommendations on finance-related policy changes
- reviewing bank reconciliations
- appropriate segregation of finance-related tasks
- chairing the audit or finance committee
- ensuring internal controls are being used
- drafting and preparing annual budgets
- financial reporting to the Service Manager or Ministry
- selection of an auditor
Veronica Fowler | Manager, Finance and Administration | Victoria Park Community Homes Inc.
Veronica earned her Certified General Accountant designation in 2010, and has spent the last 15 years overseeing the financial management of Victoria Park Community Homes. She is responsible for the financial affairs of over 2,000 units for nine non-profit housing agencies across six municipalities. Having entered the non-profit housing sector in the heyday of construction in the late 80’s and early 90’s as an employee of Hamilton East Kiwanis Homes, Veronica brings a wealth of knowledge about the sector. Her experience in 1999, working as an accountant at Prentice Yates & Clark, exposed her to the many types of operating agreements and funding programs available for non-profit/co-op housing providers, and to the issues that arose when the Social Housing Reform
Act and the Housing Services Act
where first introduced.
To register for this webinar:
- Log into the ONPHA website with the existing username and password associated with your ONPHA account. (Don’t have an ONPHA account? Email us at email@example.com.)
- Click the "Register Myself" or “Register Someone Else” button below.
- Proceed to the shopping cart to confirm your registration and payment (if applicable). (Click on “Cart” at the top right of the website to access the cart.)
You will receive your confirmation and webinar login instructions via email two weeks before the webinar date.