Governance essentials: Leading within a changing sector
|Service manager members
January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018
In a rapidly evolving sector, non-profit housing providers are increasingly feeling the pressure to be more strategic, financially-diligent, sustainable, entrepreneurial and innovative. To ensure the ongoing availability of affordable housing in their communities, boards must adopt new approaches and new attitudes about their decision-making roles and new ways of fulfilling their obligations.
This course provides a concise and practical overview of the essentials of good governance in a changing sector. Course participants will deepen and refresh their understanding of:
- governance essentials in our sector’s changing context
- sector trends and promising practices, including how to drive their implementation
- fulfilling your legal and financial obligations
- planning strategically to address current challenges and leverage future opportunities
- recruiting the right people with the knowledge, skills, abilities and values needed to lead through modernization
- how strong governance can contribute to achieving your organization’s financial and strategic objectives
Video segments help guide you through this comprehensive course. Apply what you’ve learned to your own board’s context by completing a series of exercises, and walk away with sample policies and processes.
Learners will have access to:
What past course participants have said:
- the web-based course and moderator for three months
- time-saving sample policies and processes
"This course is rich with useful information. I highly
recommend it to any individual who is involved in governance in the non-profit housing
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.