The ABCs of RGI:
|Service manager members
January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018
Learn how to administer rent-geared-to-income (RGI) under the Housing Services Act. The course content is updated each term to reflect the current state of regulations as of the course launch date.
This course will teach you the how-to's of RGI, including:
- how to use waiting lists and occupancy standards to fill vacant units
- how to assess and verify RGI eligibility
- how to determine income and imputed income and calculate RGI rent
- how to apply charges and allowances for utilities
- how and when to implement RGI changes
- how to provide proper notifications
- what to do when a resident no longer qualifies
Learners will have access to the web-based course and moderator for a period of three months.
What past course participants have said:
“I completed the RGI course and I was amazed at how much I learned and how much of the information I could apply to my work.”
Institute for Housing Management (IHM) Certificate credit
This course can be counted as a full credit for the Institute of Housing Management (IHM) Certificate Program. Upon receiving a passing grade on the course, you can apply to IHM for a full credit recognition. Your request must include:
- an application form (provided by ONPHA)
- a copy of your Certificate of Achievement (provided by ONPHA)
- a fee of $25.00 (plus HST)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.