Our mission and values
ONPHA leads, unites and supports a strong community-based affordable housing sector that helps to build vibrant, healthy and diverse communities for all Ontarians. ONPHA strengthens our members’ capacity and impact by promoting housing excellence, influencing housing policy, and providing innovative solutions and opportunities.
- Safe, suitable, adequate and affordable housing is a basic human right and essential to the vitality and well being of individuals, families, and communities across Ontario.
- All Ontarians deserve a secure home at an affordable cost and with supports, as needed, in a community of their choice.
- Non-profit housing organizations are a key element of healthy, safe, inclusive and economically sustainable communities.
- Communities vary and therefore require flexibility to address local housing needs.
- Government has a critical role to play in supporting and funding affordable housing.
We listen to our members and are responsive to their needs and the needs of their tenants.
Our members have a wealth of experience and we help them to share it.
We provide leadership in housing and support our members to become strong leaders within their communities.
Innovation toward excellence
We encourage innovation and challenge our own practices in the pursuit of excellence.
We create partnerships that optimize shared goals and outcomes.