Are you a provider thinking about developing/redeveloping affordable housing in your community? Join our upcoming workshop to discover if you are equipped to take on the challenges and learn how to develop an initial plan for turning your vision into reality!
The workshop will begin with an overview of the development process for non-profit housing providers. It will walk participants through all the project stages with an emphasis on key milestones, the fundamentals of funding and financing of a project. Housing providers will then share with participants their recent experiences in development projects and answer questions on the dos and don'ts of housing development.
Throughout the session we’ll dive into:
- Basics on how to develop affordable community housing
- Strategies to make your affordable housing project financially viable
- Advice on how to fund and finance affordable housing development
- Examples of successful projects recently completed or underway
After this session, you’ll be equipped with:
- Strategic and practical advice on developing/redeveloping affordable housing
- Ability to assess your readiness and risks
- Knowledge on how to develop a realistic project plan
- Skills to find funding for your project and develop a strong funding application
This workshop is perfect for any type of housing provider, large or small, considering the expansion of their housing portfolio. It would also be valuable for those that have already decided to pursue the development of new housing and are looking for guidance on funding sources, project planning and general tips on how best to proceed and pitfalls to avoid.