Blinkhorn Aboriginal Student Scholarship supports Aboriginal students living in
non-profit housing in Ontario. Each scholarship winner receives $1,000 for use
towards their post-secondary education costs, like tuition, books, technology
and transportation. In 2017, with the generous support of Union Gas, ONPHA is
excited to be able to double our support
from 5 to 10 Aboriginal students.
ONPHA will be accepting applications for the 2017 scholarship until June 23, 2017.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must meet all
of the following criteria:
must be an Aboriginal student living in non-profit housing in Ontario
- must be enrolled in a program at a college, university or private trade school
- must be studying full or part-time (minimum 60% course load) for the 2017-2018 year
Click here to download the Kathleen Blinkhorn Aboriginal Student Scholarship Application Form
|Application Deadline: Friday, June 23, 2017
Help us reach as many eligible students as possible
ONPHA needs your help to reach and support as many eligible students as possible. You can help us give back to Ontario's Aboriginal community by:
- Downloading a copy of our poster to display in a high-traffic location in your non-profit housing community
- Emailing us at email@example.com to have us mail you a printed copy
- Sharing this information and webpage with any students or tenants who may be eligible
About the scholarship
In December 2009, the social housing sector lost a dedicated colleague and tireless advocate in Kathleen Blinkhorn. To celebrate her memory, ONPHA, with the support of Kathleen's family, developed the Kathleen Blinkhorn Aboriginal Student Scholarship to commemorate her work developing Aboriginal housing programs and working with Aboriginal communities.